Sunday, July 12, 2009

Picnic/Seven Falls Date

Doug was able to come to Colorado Springs this weekend because he had a wedding to DJ for on saturday, which gave us time to spend together today! We decided to pack up some sandwiches and fruit and chips and take our picnic up to the Seven Falls. We stopped at a little picnic area right before we got to the falls since we couldn't bring out food in. Then we headed up the mountain a little ways to the falls!

This was the view from Inspiration Point! The falls were gorgous! I hadn't been here since I was younger, and I'm glad that I got to experience this with Doug.



Doug and I decided to climb atleast "halfway" up; the total amount of stairs to climb to the top was 224!

We got halfway and my legs and backside were killing me! Luckily I had decided to work out the day before and do a lot of squats and lunches...If I would have known I was going to be climbing 224 steps the next day I definatly would NOT have worked out haha!:)

















Well he got me to climb to the top; against my will; my legs were shaking the entire way! haha






The falls were amazing though!



When we got to the top, there were a few trails; we decided to take a few pics like we did on one of our first dates together 3 years ago ( in Estes Park)

My Superman is so handsome!










A gorgous Columbine: Colorado State Flower


After we had explored around a bit, it began to thunder and lightening in the distance. Doug continued to explore and wanted to hike the entire trail, but I had to be persistant and tell him that we needed to turn around and head back down the steps. It started to sprinkle and Doug was STILL going farther and farther down the trail, and I began to get really nervous, so I turned around and told him that he could stay if he wanted but I was going back down. He finally decided to follow me back down the trail to the steps to get down to he bottom of the falls; Thank God!:) I was extremely nervous going back down the steps because it was so steep, so Doug said he'd go down in front of me; my legs felt so weak from working out the day before (and I was nervous); they were shaking he whole way down the steps! Luckily no one was going up or down them, so I was able to take my time! When we reached the bottom step, it started to pour and thunder and lightening really bad! We ran into the gift shop and hung out in theree for a while until it let up a bit, then we ran for my car! I was so thankful that it didn't start raining while we were on the steps to the falls; I think I would have cried! God was definatly watching out for us and I truly believe he had a hand in the whole situation!
Overall, Doug and I's picnic and our date to the Falls was amazing, and I'm so glad that he was able to come to the Springs so that I could spend some time with him and we could enjoy each other's company and spend time in God's nature!

No comments: