Friday, September 12, 2008

Kidnapper on the lose in my neighborhood!

As I was getting ready for work this morning, my mom comes into my bathroom at 5am to tell me about an automated reverse 911 call at 1am! The story is that a native american man in his 20's carjacked a car in New Mexico and forced this 26 year old woman (at gunpoint) to drive him to Colorado. Thankfully for the woman, when they reached Gleneagle exit (which is the exit to get to my neighborhood), the woman's car had some problems so they pulled over. She took the opportunity to jump out and start running. She ran to the Mining Museum down the road and called 911. I guess everyone 5 miles from the museum got a phone call to be aware and alert for a man on the lose that was armed and dangerous!

Well anyway my mom was freaked out b/c my dad isn't home until Sunday, so this morning when I walked to my car in the drivewayshe was watching and had 911 punched into her phone in case! hehe

Well I get to work ( I had to open the coffee shop at 530am), and all I hear about all morning is this man that is still on the lose. I was planning on leaving work a bit early b/c I am sick and was not feeling well, but suprise suprise guess who walked in our coffee shop!?

A native american man with a black teeshirt and a red and black backpack came up to the counter! It did not hit me until after he had ordered his drink and was waiting for it, but when it did I got so nervous! I went to the back with a coworker and she told me that just in case it was him, she waas going to go next door and have someone call 911. Well long story short, the man pulled out a laptop computer and started doing some work on it so we figured it was not the suspect they were looking for. This guy was also wearing jeans, and the kidnapper had on camo pants. But it was totally ironic how on the day that this was happening, a Native American man that fit the police description, would walk into our store! The police came anyway just to investigate the situation, and we were totally embarrassed!

They told the man about the situation (obviously he hadn't heard) and just advised him to change his teeshirt and not carry around his backpack in case someone else were to see him and suspect something! We ended up giving him a free drink card b/c we felt so bad about the situation!


I guess the man had broken into a house at noon today and stole some stuff and assualted a lady in our neighborhood as well. He is still on the loose. Schools in the area were also put on lockdown!



No comments: